is in crisis
Events from the past few years have revealed the fragility of democracy in the United States: the influence of Russian meddling in the 2016 election, obstructionist attempts to overturn the 2020 election, restrictive voting laws that directly target marginalized populations, the safety and security of election officals. The threats are clear and the stakes could not be higher.
Defend The Vote fights to preserve our most valuable American right: the right to vote.
PROTECTING THE VOTE
Defend the Vote is a political action committee dedicated to supporting Pro-Democracy candidates who will preserve our democracy by fighting to safeguard free and fair elections, protecting our right to vote, and increasing voter access.
DTV supports candidates who believe in policies that strengthen our democratic institutions, including:
- The Freedom to Vote Act–which includes Rep. John Lewis’ Voter Empowerment Act–that protects the right to vote, supports election workers, bans dark money, and stops extreme gerrymandering.
- The John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act that restores the power of the Voting Rights Act.
- Election funding and election administrators so everyone can vote in safe, accessible elections.
Elections Under Attack
This year, the Republican House majority pushed legislation to make our elections less secure by:
- Denying funding for Election Security Grants.
- Cutting funding for the Election Assistance Commission by $8 million.
- Introducing an Anti-Voter, Corporate Interest, Extremist bill–their so-called ACE Act–that was crafted for election deniers and undermines our democracy.
DTV is investing in organizations working to ensure that all eligible Americans can vote. These investments will support their efforts to:
- End Voter Intimidation At Polling Stations
- Protect Election Officials From Violent Threats
- Support Get Out The Vote And Voter Registration Efforts